Personal information includes information that identifies an individual, such as an address, telephone number, e-mail address, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person. Personal information also includes demographic information such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences when such information is linked to other personal data that identifies you.
Why We Collect Information Online
Engrail collects information on our website to:
- deliver the desired functionality and user experience, and
- use analytics cookies to collect and analyze aggregated visitor behavior data.
This information helps us better understand how our Site is used and how to improve it, as well as to provide visitors the benefit of not having to re-enter the same data repeatedly.
Summary of Information That Engrail Collects Online
Engrail collects two types of information from visitors to our website:
(1) information gathered by analyzing page views and user navigation patterns, and
(2) information that you provide directly when you use various Engrail services or participate in various Engrail programs.
The personal information we collect about you will vary by context and may include:
- Your name and contact details;
- Company, institution, or hospital name and address;
- Your activity on the Site.
This Site is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, and if we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided information on our Site, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
How Engrail Uses the Information Gathered Online; Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
Because Engrail is a global company, some of your information may be shared with internal Engrail business units and affiliated companies around the world to help Engrail create and deliver products and services for our customers.
By submitting data and information to Engrail, you acknowledge that Engrail may use all information (including personal information) you submit for purposes related to your request.
You also acknowledge that Engrail may disclose the information that you submit to any of the following:
- Engrail business units and affiliated Engrail companies,
- companies and individuals with which Engrail contracts for services or advice, and
- other companies and individuals with which Engrail may enter or has entered into collaborations relating to the research, development and/or commercialization of Engrail drugs.
We may use your personal information for multiple purposes, including but not limited to:
- Respond to your requests for information.
- Provide you with notifications and information, for example e-mail alerts (with your consent to do so where required).
- Send you electronic newsletters and information regarding products and programs, with your consent where required. We use demographic information you provide to target our newsletters and information to the appropriate audience.
- To invite you to participate in a voluntary survey to help improve our programs and services.
- To contact you in an attempt to resolve a prior issue or to proactively notify you of technical issues which may affect you.
- In limited circumstances, disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to investigate, establish, and protect Engrail’s legal rights and interests.
- as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations; and
- to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
If you do not wish to receive newsletters or other direct marketing from us, simply e-mail your request to be included to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also collect data that does not identify an individual, or their locations, including, but not limited to:
- Monitor system usage, server, and software performance, to improve system design, create benchmarks, and conduct trending analyses.
- Perform statistical analyses and generate data related to how you use our website.
We may share this data with our partners, for example service providers, but the information will not specifically identify individuals.
Right to Object – please note that you may have a right to object to the processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for Engrail’s legitimate interests.
For United States residents, we undertake marketing only in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and other applicable laws. For European (EU and UK) residents, we undertake marketing only with your consent, where required, and in compliance with applicable data privacy laws. European (EU and UK) residents will not be added to the marketing lists unless they have already provided consent consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Engrail’s corporate headquarters are located in the United States. Therefore, all personal information submitted to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing your personal information to Engrail, you acknowledge that your country of residence may not consider the United States privacy protections adequate. We will take steps to ensure any transfer complies with data protection law.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
Engrail is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. Engrail takes reasonable steps to protect the personal data provided via the website from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the website may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information Engrail via the Internet.
Data Quality, Storage, and Access
While we make every effort to ensure that information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date, you can help by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
We store personal information for different periods of time consistent with the purposes for which they were originally collected, as subsequently further authorized, or when required or allowed under applicable law.
Data Subject Rights
Individuals in the EU, the UK, and certain other jurisdictions may have certain rights in relation to their personal information. These rights vary, but they may include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal information; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal information; and (iii) ask for a copy of their personal information to be provided to them, or a third party, in a digital format. Individuals may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of personal information with a data protection authority.
If you are:
- in the UK, you can contact the Information ’Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
- in the EU, you can find your data protection authority here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
If you make a request related to information about you, you may be required to supply a valid means of identification as a security precaution. We will process your request within the time provided by applicable law.
If you believe that Engrail may be processing data about you and wish to have access to that information, we can provide you with that data or at least an explanation of why we cannot do so in the particular context, such as if responding to the request would be unreasonably expensive.
Please also let us know if you have any questions, concerns, disputes, or issues. We are open to dialogue to resolve issues. If your concerns cannot be resolved, we can enter into appropriate third-party neutral dispute resolution. If you need to reach us about a privacy or data protection issue, please contact us using the contact information provided on the Site.